Submitting an Article Online
Sorry, submissions are temporarily disabled for this journal
- The University of Colombo Review (Series III) invites research articles as well as conceptual, review and exploratory articles. Research articles should be between 7000-9000 words. Conceptual, review and exploratory articles should be between 3000-7000 words.
- All submissions should be in English and follow American spelling.
- All articles should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 250 words and up to 8 keywords.
- Submissions should be in Microsoft Word, Times New Roman 12, double spaced, and should follow the APA style of referencing. For further information on referencing style see
APA website and/or
Purdue OWL website – APA guidelines
- Capitalization of letters should be consistent throughout the article. Only the key words in the main title and subtitles should be capitalized.
- Endnotes should be used, not footnotes.
- All images, if any, should be provided in high resolution together with proof of permission to use them. If the article is chosen for publication, the high-resolution images will be requested for as a separate file.
- Author names should not be inserted in the manuscript itself. However, author names, institutional affiliation (e.g. designation, department/unit, faculty and university), as well as official email address should be provided in the cover email.
- Submitted articles must not be under consideration by any other publisher. Authors must attest to this at the time of submission in a cover email. It is also the author’s responsibility to abide by academic integrity, research ethics and disclose any potential conflict of interest regarding the submitted manuscript.
- Research funding and grants which supported the research on which the article is based should be duly acknowledged.
- All submissions and cover notes should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, in part or in whole, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- All third-party-owned materials used have been identified with appropriate credit lines, and permission has been obtained from the copyright holder for all formats of the journal. Authors acknowledge their responsibility to gain all permissions prior to submission.
- All authors qualify as authors and have given permission to be listed on the submitted paper.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Every effort has been made to ensure that the submission is ready for peer review according to the journal's review policy (following the instructions to ensure blind peer review).
- Tables are all cited in the main text and are included within the text document.
- Figures are all cited in the main text and are uploaded as supplementary files. Figures/images have a resolution of at least 150dpi (300dpi or above preferred). The files are in one of the following formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EPS (to maximise quality, the original source file is preferred).
- All patients included within case reports or other article types in which an individual or a group of individuals can be identified have signed informed consent forms, or had had their legal guardian do so, giving permission to publish the submitted content under a CC-BY-NC-ND licence.
- Research has been approved by an appropriate ethics committee, with the name of the committee and reference number of approval included within the submitted file. Otherwise, a statement that ethics approval was not required has been added to the file.
- The corresponding author is submitting an ORCID identifier in their author data and co-authors have been recommended to also provide an ORCID.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication.
All articles in the University of Colombo Review are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License in which re-users can
copy and distribute the articles as long as they remain unchanged, in any medium or format for non-commercial purposes and with due acknowledgement and correct citation.